[evlatests] Technical Discussion Meeting for Thursday

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 25 13:17:18 EDT 2011

    Te recent spate of reports from the tests of gain stability and
switched power compression have probably confused some readers of the
'evlatests' list.  To help clarify a confusing situation for interested
parties, I plan to utilize the 9AM Thursday meeting slot this week to
present a summary of these results.

    The key goal is to generate some discussion and suggestions for
further tests, which I hope will get us to a clear understanding of the
problems.

    There are two topics:

    1) What PDif is good for, and what it's not.
    2) Evidence for 'PDif' compression as a function of band in input
power.

    9AM, Thursday, Room 317.