[evlatests] Results from T304 Attenuator and Requantizer Tests

Michael Rupen mrupen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 24 10:58:17 EDT 2011

     Michael:

    It appears that I used the AC for the most part.  I do know (from earlier
tests) that the BD IFs share the same ills, but less critically -- Cyg A has a
steep spectrum, so the problems recede a bit at 1850 MHz...
     I checked the Stokes 'I' residuals for all tests -- it's easy to do. Two
     things improved with these tests:

    1) The egregious closures are gone with proper power levels.  I bet the
worst closure problems were due to overflows in the correlator accumulators --
it was always on short spacings (highest cross-power), and only at the lowest
frequency.    2) The PDif compression was reduced -- but only by a modest
amount.  We'll have to look elsewhere to explain this annoying problem...

    Rick