[evlatests] Antenna 5 Bandpass (cont).

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 12 13:10:47 EDT 2011

    In reviewing my L-band 'Herc A' data, I fine the fine-scale ripple
present in the data taken last March, but apparently absent in the data
taken last December 17.  The only caveat (and the reason for
'apparently') is that the data taken on 17 December had a coarser
resolution -- 2 MHz -- rather than the 1 MHz of the other data sets.
The frequency period of the ripple is about 5 MHz, so it is just
possible that the 2 MHz resolution smoothed the ripple in the 17
December data.  I regard this as unlikely.