[evlatests] EOP

Barry G. Clark bclark at nrao.edu
Sat Oct 1 12:46:32 EDT 2011

Just for the record.  About September 1, USNO slightly
changed the format of the Series 7 bulletin, from which
we get our Earth Orientation Parameters.  My program which
parses that got things just wrong enough that the EOP
were not being loaded into the database, but it wasn't
complaining loudly enough to be noticed.

When EOP are loaded, I load predictions for a month in advance.
So October 1, 0h UT we ran out of predicts.

I loaded a set of predicts by hand.  Monday I'll change the
program to handle the changed format, and to let me know if
it has trouble in that way again.

The differences between the August 31 predicts for October 1
and the September 28 predicts for October 1 is about 10 mas
in all three numbers, so not a serious problem for the three
weeks we ran without new predicts.