[evlatests] [Fwd: Failures to Tune, at Q-band]

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 29 12:17:53 EST 2011

Here is my summary of syntheisizer behavior

If standby is asserted, the thing is really not working.
It may work again if a new frequency request is sent, or,
in the extreme case, it may need to be re-booted.

If standby is not asserted it may or not be OK.  It might
be locked on the wrong tooth of the comn, or may not know
that it is not locked.

The lock indicaotr (M_LOCK and C_LOCK) are pretty reliable
indicators of transient behavior when re-tuning, but not
reliable as an indicator of failure to lock.

Using the standby monitor point should flag many cases of broken
synthesizers while not providing false positives.