[evlatests] 3-bit, 8-bit alternation test (was Any Volunteers ?)

Mark Claussen mclausse at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 17 12:25:55 EST 2011

I took a look at this data.   There are 28 minutes of data at Ku band,
alternating  between 3-bit and 8-bit, each in ~2m scans.  The purpose
of this  (I believe) was to  determine how stable the data was in this
switching mode (the 3 bit samplers were not turned off, but the output
was switched between the 3-bit and 8-bit devices).

Except for some startup and atmospheric nuisances, the stability looks
quite good.  Phases and amplitudes come back to the same values for
each baseline each time the 3- or 8- bit outputs are selected.   I have
shared the results with Ken, and he seemed happy with them.

One note:  EA07 seems to have low gain as compared with the
rest of the antennas (this test only used the antennas outfitted with
3-bit samplers), but this is true for both 3- and 8-bit paths.

Mark