[evlatests] Phase vs. Frequency

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 29 10:13:28 EDT 2011

Ken and I had a discussion with Rob Long and Jim Jackson yesterday
afternoon. The L302 from bench tests show small phase jumps at some
places (currently blamed on analog components) and 180d jumps at
polarity changes of the 2 DDS's (due to the phase discriminator).

The tests so far, as Barry summarized, were near one of the polarity
change frequencies, which are the L302 (modulo 128) set to 0, 32, 65,
96 MHz. Yesterday afternoon another test was done with AC, BD tuned
+5MHz, -5MHz away from 32 MHz, steps up to 340KHz. No jumps are seen.
ea05, 25, 26 are doing funny things, but let's ignore that for now.

Two more tests are planned, with frequencies centered at the other
polarity changes.