[evlatests] Antenna 6 at X-band is wideband?

Paul Harden pharden at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 9 20:06:59 EST 2011

Rick Perley wrote:
>     Although antenna 6 is not listed as having a new-style wideband
> receiver at X-band, it sure acts like it does.
>
>     Can somebody confirm this?

Rick and others,
Attached is a photo of the X and C band receivers in Ant. 6 taken TODAY.
  It shows that both receivers are the wideband EVLA style.

The photo also shows both receivers after they were rotated 90 degrees
today by the FE lab for the special polarization test.  X-band was
rotated 90 deg. CCW and C band 90 deg. CW.  L and S band receivers were
also rotated 90 deg. CW.  (Photos available upon request).

Photo verifies wideband X-band receiver, and yes, we really did rotate
the receivers as requested.

The photo was taken Wednesday, Mar. 9 at 2:48 pm.  Sorry I don't have a
photo any more recent :-)

Paul Harden