[evlatests] A Most Bizarre Event

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 9 16:35:47 EST 2011

    ... and indeed this was the case.  The culprit was a GPS satellite,
which went right through the beam.  Vivek has proven this by plotting
the GPS orbits on our az-el coverage.  It is also clear the from spectra
taken at that time -- subbands 4 and 10, which overlap the GPS regular
transmission bands, are wiped out.  But all other subband spectra look
normal.

    Of more interest to me is how this mucked up all the SY table values
in the subbands which were not affected ...