[evlatests] ea24 problem

Emmanuel Momjian emomjian at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 4 19:31:15 EST 2011

Yesterday, test observations at Ku-band showed noisy phases and amplitudes
on ea24. To look into this in more detail, today we ran multi-frequency
observations spanning all the bands from X to Q using the calibrator
J2202+4216 .

While there is nothing obvious at X-band, the data show that the phases and
the amplitudes degrade progressively from Ku to Q band.

Pointing looks OK on ea24. Therefore we think that the problem may be in the
L301 or its reference signal, although L302 and the round trip phase look
good.

For reference, attached are a couple of Q-band plots for three baselines
(with one of these being a baseline to ea24). The file
'ea24_L301_problem.png' shows the visibility amplitudes, and the file
'ea24_phases_L301_problem' shows the visibility phases. The blue and the red
lines are for RR and LL, respectively. As it can be seen, both phases and
amplitudes to ea24 look very noisy.

Emmanuel (and Vivek and Ken)