[evlatests] 36 GHz 'RFI'

Emmanuel Momjian emomjian at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 10 19:47:37 EST 2011

Perhaps it is worth noting that antenna 10 had a couple of internal birdies
at Ka-band, and one of them was at 36286 MHz (very close to the frequency
that Rick has reported for antenna 22's birdie). See
http://science.nrao.edu/evla/observing/RFI/Ka-Band.shtml

The problem on antenna 10 was fixed early October 2010, and I believe the
cause was a faulty X-band LNA (Dan and Chuck may elaborate on the details).
I am reporting this just in case the problem seen on ea22 has a similar
origin to what ea10 had some months ago.

em