[evlatests] 18.5 GHz RFI: DirecTV & WildBlue

Dan Mertely dmertely at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 3 17:40:33 EST 2011

It's sure to be DirecTV HD service.  Standard resolution
service is at the Ku band Broadcast Satellite Service
band (BSS) (12.2-12.7 GHz), but the "new" HD service
is in the K band BSS band of 17.3-17.7 GHz.

DirecTV satellites using K band for HD service are:

DirecTV11   @ 99.2W
Spaceway F2 @ 99.2W
DirecTV10   @102.8W
Spaceway F2 @102.8W
DirecTV12   @103.0W

Note that RFI from 19.7-20.2 GHz will be ViaSat/WildBlue
satellite broadband internet downlink service.  Orbital
locations are:

Anik F2     @ 111.1 W
WildBlue-1  @ 111.1 W

-Mert