[evlatests] Characteristics from L-band, using 30 hour run

Robert Hayward rhayward at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 2 16:34:59 EST 2011

Rick,

It would be interesting to compare the diurnal effect you see in the
Switched Power between new EVLA style receivers (where the noise diode and
post-amps are located inside its new "RF Box") and the Interim-style
receivers (where the noise diode and post-amps are mounted on a printed
circuit board inside the old Card Cage).

As for changes in the attenuator settings, how much of that can we blame
on the severe RFI environment at L-Band? Since the Total Power Detectors
are seeing the full 1 GHz bandwidth, depending on sidelobe levels and
such, it is not unrealistic that the T304 Downconverters on some antennas
might want to twiddle their attenuators more than on others. This
situation would likely be the case more often at L-Band than at other
receiver frequency bands where less RFI is present.

-Bob