[evlatests] Serious C-Band RFI: Gray Hill C-band table

Dan Mertely dmertely at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 15 12:52:22 EST 2011

Hi Rick.  Here in one place is a list of the C-band
microwave data links into and out of the Gray Hill
electronic transmitter site (just off of the east arm,
north of E64/EA8):

Gray Hill to  Magdalena-1 = 6345.490 +/-30 MHz @ +66.8 dBm
Magdalena to  Gray Hill-1 = 6093.450 +/-30 MHz @ +66.7 dBm

Gray Hill to  Magdalena-2 = 6315.840 +/-30 MHz @ +66.8 dBm
Magdalena to  Gray Hill-2 = 6063.800 +/-30 MHz @ +66.8 dBm

Gray hill to Mangus Mtn-1 = 6375.140 +/-30 MHz @ +69.3 dBm
Mangus Mtn to Gray Hill-1 = 6123.100 +/-30 MHz @ +69.2 dBm

Gray hill to Mangus Mtn-2 = 6404.790 +/-30 MHz @ +69.3 dBm
Mangus Mtn to Gray Hill-2 = 6152.750 +/-30 MHz @ +69.2 dBm

Gray hill to Datil/Bagley = 6615.000 +/-5  MHz @ +64.4 dBm
Datil/Bagley to Gray hill = 6775.000 +/-5  MHz @ +64.4 dBm

This generates the following frequency map for C-band data
in-to and out-of the Gray Hill Electronic site:

IN:
MG2GH2:   MG2GH1:   MM2GH1:   MM2GH2:            DB2GH:
6048-6078 6078-6108 6108-6138 6138-6168          6612-6618

OUT:
GH2MG2:   GH2MG1:   GH2MM1:   GH2MM2:            GH2DB:
6301-6331 6330-6360 6360-6390 6390-6420          6772-6778

Of those, the RFI table at:
https://science.nrao.edu/facilities/evla/observing/RFI/C-Band
highlights those thought to be most detrimental to EVLA observing.
I'll probably put them all in there eventually.

-Mert