[evlatests] slow attenuator setting on ea16 IF D

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 8 15:45:17 EDT 2011

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Claire Chandler wrote:

> Steps in the amplitudes on ea16 IF D (L-pol) indicate that it's taking
> several minutes to find the correct attenuator setting at the beginning of an
> observation (the attached plot is for Ka-band).  I have seen this in several
> recent datasets; the attached is from July 15, but I also saw it in data
> taken on Sunday morning.

I hesitate to blame mis-set attenuators for this because the
steps are not consistently 1 dB or multiples.  If it were not
for the fact that the other IFs were fine (is that really true?)
I would consider a sticky subreflector that moves a little further
each time it is commanded until it finally gets there.