[evlatests] Herc A demo observation disaster?

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 4 14:03:13 EDT 2011

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011, Rick Perley wrote:

>    One of the A-configuration Herc A demo project SBs was run yesterday
> evening.
>
>    However ... the archive states the file is only 14 GB -- way too
> small for 8 hours' observing with 3 second averaging.  In reviewing the
> scan listing, I see that the 'on source' and 'integration' times are all
> zero, starting at 0:13:30 -- only 52 minutes after the start of the
> observation.  This certainly accounts for the small file size.
>
>    So ... where did the rest of the data go?

I spoke with Sonja about this.  From examining the crumbs of
evidence this looks like the usual CM/executor timing issue
we have seen for a long time.  Barry has commited a change
to the executor which implements Sonja's recommendation for
how to avoid this.  If we want this to go away we should do
an executor update soon.

Meanwhile I see no reason not to continue using the latest
version of CM.