[evlatests] Integer zeros slipping through?

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 28 11:50:01 EDT 2011

    In continuing to troll through the 3C273 data taken a couple weeks
back, I find a curious problem that I thought had been dealt with long
ago.

    One some of the scans, there are what appear to be integer zeros, on
some baselines.  It's hard to prove these are pure integer zeros -- I
can only state for sure that these numbers are much less than 1e-20.
    The unique feature of these zeros is that they are all at the end of
the scans.  None in the middle, and none at the start.

    I had thought that the BDFin program automatically stripped out
integer zeros.  Is this no longer so?  Or perhaps my 'integer zeros' are
not quite integer zero?