[evlatests] 3-bit update

Keith Morris kmorris at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 7 19:20:19 EDT 2011

I will add that the necessary equalizer settings were, in general,
fairly well clustered around the default setting of 10.  50% of the
cases were between 9 and 11 (on a 0 - 15 scale).  See attached histogram
plot.  Ea22-A1 and ea22-C1 required lower-valued eq settings in all cases.

The "phenomenon" was visible in most cases.  See attached
evla_ea22_A_ka2.png

The file evla_ea12_A_ka1.png shows the uncorrectable slope in ea12-A1.

Rick and I will be visiting the antennas Friday morning to perform the
attenuator installation and cable/label swapping.  I will inspect the
T304-A output to see whether the signal degradation is occurring before
the sampler.  If not, we will replace D301 with an 8-bit only version to
permit lab investigation of the slope/level problem.