[evlatests] Alerts for T304 TPD levels

Keith Morris kmorris at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 5 10:11:34 EDT 2011

There is certainly the possibility of false alarm, but the cost of such
an alarm is quite low.  The TPD monitor point message field reports the
ALC status-- target reached, attenuator out of range, etc.  The alert
would inform the operator that such a situation exists; there may or may
not be any action the operator can take.  But in the cases where the
attenuators failed to set up properly, the benefit of having a second
chance of dialing in proper levels may outweigh the inconvenience of
false alarms.