[evlatests] 3-bit DTS module from 12

Mike Revnell mrevnell at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 20 19:06:37 EDT 2010

The 3-bit DTS module was brought back from the site and has been
repaired. Solder joints are a big deal at microwave frequencies.

While I had the module in the lab I took the opportunity to make a
measurement I had thought of to check for any "common mode" noise that
the cross power measurements I made would be insensitive to. The outcome
is that the peak to peak jitter from all noise sources including the
module the antique synthesizer I have on the bench and the reference
system generating the clock signals is about 0.01 turn at 4 GHz. This is
significantly worse than the spec of the digitizer chip but represents
all sources in the system so is somewhat pessimistic.

Mike.