[evlatests] Another 3-bit test

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 8 20:00:35 EDT 2010

    Ken repeated the test wherein he changes the input power level in 3
dB steps -- 5 levels overall.

    I checked the rms noise in the blank field.

    There is a small change in rms noise between the low-power and
high-power inputs.  For the low power, we have

    12        15          22           28
12 XX     .28         .54          .40
15  .23       XX      .54          .37
22  .27        .32       XX        .77
28  .31      .33        .43          XX

    while for the high power input

    12        15          22          28
12 XX     .22        .44           .30
15  .17      XX     .36           .25
22  .23     .23        XX         .48
28  .25     .24        .30           XX

    But, as usual, all correlations are noisier than they should be,
some (especially with antenna 22 in RCP) very much so.