[evlatests] 2GHz-wide 3-bit wideband data

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 8 19:37:45 EDT 2010

Michael/Ken took 40 minutes of full wide-band data with the 3-bit
samplers.  Data quality looks very nice, with uniform delays, continuous
amplitudes/gains across all 16 subbands.

But the rms noise is far higher than it should be.  In subband 12 (6928
MHz -- same as the simple test done by Ken a little earlier), we have
for our 'noise matrix':

             12            15              22               28
12         XX          .41            .75             .51
15         .32           XX           .74             .50
22         .38           .45            XX            .99
28         .43           .49            .57               XX

    The matrix entries (says here) should be 0.15!  So we are a factor
of 2 to 6 too high.
    Perhaps more interesting is that the entries for the baselines
amongst 15,22,28 are three times higher than they were for the simple
1-subband test done by Ken a little earlier.  It's as if all noises have
been multiplied by three.