[evlatests] ea27 phase jumps - still happening.

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Fri Sep 3 16:19:49 EDT 2010

EA27, BD only, has been showing phase jump almost every scan, and every
subscan (in pointing mode). The amplitude of fringes to 27 are fine,
and there is no loss of coherence (*) for 27 between subscans.

As I understand it, the cable length from the 128MHz reference was adjusted
yesterday, but the phase jumps continue unchanged today.

So, can we swap the 3-bit sampler from 27 to another antenna, say 26, to
avoid the problems with 27? e.g. 26 would allow for widar autocorrelations
I think?

(*) Today in a 3-bit test, ea27 was completely fringeless on AC & BD,
cause yet unknown. This is not what I am talking about above.