[evlatests] Moved antennas, etc.

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 5 14:11:14 EDT 2010

Hi Ken,

another question since you seem to be reading email: The rotation
index positions we got from the mechanics said there was little
change (for old bands) from last time (years ago) and new bands
were added. However, when I compare the (old) rotations for ea14
in parminator with those from the mechanics, new or old, there is
about a 10 deg rotation offset in the same sense for all bands.

Is there an indexing offset to be applied to the antenna mechanics'
readings, before entry into parminator? if so, how do I find it?

Thanks, Vivek.

Ken Sowinski wrote:
>> EA14 - weak fringes were found at L band. I tried to peak up
>> rotation, and delays, with no success. To be continued...
>
> antennas sometime reappear with very large Az or El zero
> changes.  You might want to try that; if the previous
> offsets were very large maybe they are smaller now.

I'll check this.

>> EA27 LO has been fixed - no more phase jumps on every scan
>
> What fixed this?

The LO was worked on, I do not know the details yet.