[evlatests] Ant 14

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 4 19:54:06 EDT 2010

Antenna 14 does appear to have an issue with intermittent loss of
communications with more than one MIB in the antenna. It seems as if the
data stream coming from the antenna freezes up for a short period and
then resumes. It does this on multiple modules several times a minute.
It looks like possibly a network issue!

We also found a problem with the RCP side of the U/X converter signal
path. This causing poor signal at all high freq bands on IFs A & B. We
will be able to fix this tomorrow.

There were wiring issues found in the L-band receiver today, but I am
unclear as to the status of the repairs and performance of the receiver
right now!

We do know that the LSC converter seems to be working fine and C-band is OK.

We are moving antennas tomorrow also, but we will get onto 14 for
further troubleshooting ASAP.

Rob