[evlatests] Referenced Pointing Tests

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 18 16:06:19 EST 2010

    I suggest Ku band for this proposed test, for two reasons:

    1) It's my belief that, in the end, we'll be using Ku band for
future primary referenced pointing.
    2) We have enough antennas now (6) to make meaningful tests over a
full 'extended OSRO' style bandpass.  We even have known rubbish (TV
downlinks) at the bottom 1 GHz or so, to help us develop algorithms to
ignore this.

    A third reason would be there are still a small number of antennas,
so we won't be oversaturated with data ...

    Rick