[evlatests] Test Stress run from Tuesday evening

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed May 12 14:04:36 EDT 2010

    The 'four-mode' three-times around test was run last evening,
following installation of a new version of the Configuration Mapper.
Some things have changed, some not.

    First -- a receiver/sensitivity report:

    A) Antennas 21 and 28 did not fringe in any IF (this at Cband).
Perhaps they were stowed (wind), perhaps there was a receiver issue.
    B) The sensitivity problems noted at C-band with antennas 12 and 17
have been resolved.  All amplitudes looked normal.

    Next -- the 'blank report'.  (No puns, please!)

    The fraction of blanks has not changed.  About 10% for OSRO1, and
22% for OSRO2 modes.  The infamous antenna 13, 14, 15 and 16 if LCP
blanks are still there.  The pattern of blanks (beyond the 13 -- 16
issue) has changed.  The setup-time seems much faster -- we no longer
see 10 seconds of blanked data.   The period now looks to be 3 -- 5
seconds long.  Much better.  But some antennas, particularly on the B/D
ifpair, are missing for longish periods of time.  At some configuration
changes, ~half the antennas (in LCP only) are blanked for up to 30 or 40
seconds.  Some antennas 'vanish' partway through the scans for a few
seconds, to reappear as before.

    Finally -- a note that the CM 'died' partway through the file, so
only ~2/3 of the run actually was present.

    Ken reports that a new run has just been made, and that the 13 -- 16
LCP issue should be fixed.  I'll report on this as soon as I can get the
data through the laborious conversion process.