[evlatests] Antenna slews in AH1004

David Harland dharland at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 8 13:12:03 EST 2010

Is that a firm conclusion?

Based on the other emails in this thread, i'll be making changes to the
script generation code, but i don't see how these changes would have an
impact on this particular situation.

The script for AH1004 had had a subarray.setWrap(0) ("no preference") on
each scan. Based on the new code it will have subarray.setWrap(0) on
only the first scan and will be silent on the matter on all subsequent
scans (assuming there's been no change by the user in the meantime on
the issue of wraps). Since Ken indicated that being silent on a scan is
equivalent to repeating the instruction of the previous scan^, it seems
to me the behavior will be the same.

Might the differences seen between the OPT-generated script and whatever
else was run be more a matter of the starting positions & wraps of the
individual antennas prior to the executions?

^"The way the executor works, once a a wrap hint is supplied it is used
for every scan thereafter."