[evlatests] Misc. upchuck from testing.

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 8 10:18:14 EST 2010

Vivek Dhawan wrote:

>     b. AIPS UVFIX on EVLA data (last week at least) should be run not with
>        defaults, but with tiny but non-zero time change. To compare UVFIX
>        with the FIXVIS, i ran it with 10^-6 time offset and differential
>        aberration turned off. The changes it makes are then smaller than
>        changes made with any other parameter inputs, and are delta UVW
>        ~300 ppm, 0.03%.

The issue with DATUTC has been fixed in 31DEC10.  No need to force a
1.e-6 DATUTC now.

>        The same test done on a VLBA dataset (thanks Leonia) gives ~few ppm.
>        So - no panic, but it would be nice to understand where this comes
>        from, and if/when we need it better.
>
>        I do not believe UVFIX is necessary for users now.
>
>     c. While checking this, the RAAPP and DECAPP were re-discovered to be
>        set to 1858. Again not of interest to users unless they change
>        RAAPP/DECAPP in CLCOR, when it will be quite wrong.

UVLOD and FITLD now recompute the apparent coordinates bypassing this issue.

> 4. AIPS: UVFLG on shadowed antennas. A bug was reported (James Miller-Jones?)
>     and fixed. I tried it after the fix and have doubts its actually working.
>     People should test it. I'll send some details to the AIPS helpdesk ASAP.

Don't know about this one - the bug was an incorrect call sequence (not
updated when routine was).   It should be okay but I will look at it if
there is evidence otherwise.

Eric