[evlatests] [evla-sw-discuss] L band tuning

David Harland dharland at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 3 16:58:22 EST 2010

The SSS code is based pretty much on the values on the antenna block
diagram. Looking again at that diagram for the L301, i see:

In red text, "Fout = 11.904 to 20.352".

On the other it has F=N * 512 ± 128 MHz, where 23 < N < 39.

If Nmin is truly 24, then 24 * 512 = 12,288. Using the "-" 128 MHz, that
gets us down to only 12,160, not 11,904.

Luckily, if this needs to change, i can go to one spot and update it.

Unfortunately, though, things which we once thought were possible would
not be.