[evlatests] Ant 06

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 22 11:41:39 EDT 2010

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010, Ken Sowinski wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Ken Sowinski wrote:
>
>> A first report.  It works nicely at C and K bands, but no
>> fringes at X band.  Power is seen at the downconverter,
>> so I have to suspect some sort of wiring error.
>>
>> Ka and Q bands were not looked at.
>
> I looked at ea06 again today after the servo faults were cleared.
> Everything above is still true, but Ka and Q bands were tested.
> Ka band works, there is still no (not just low) power to the
> downconverters at Q band.
>
> In summary, C, K and Ka bands work; X and Q bands do not.
> L and S band receivers are not present.
>
> We will do C band pointing this weekend to try to measure the
> tilt while on the master pad.

The FE group worked on the antenna yesterday and it looks
like all the installed receivers work.  Pointing was done
at C band over the weekend.  Because of servo problems it
was not as good as it could have been, but does show that
tilt remains unchanged from when the antenna was first
commissioned on the master pad.

The antenna may be moved whenever necessary.  Subject to
inspections and checkouts, I think the antenna us now usable.