[evlatests] BD T304 power meters and attenuators

Dan Mertely dmertely at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 10 14:28:53 EDT 2010

In looking over the shoulders of those in this discussion
I noticed the comment that "the bandpass is different for
different attenuator settings".  That seems unlikely to me.
The attenuators are single, surface mount, solid state
devices.  The spec sheet says that the bandpass flatness
of the device used will only change by 1 dB or less going
from min to max setting.  That change is "in the noise"
compared to the non-flatness caused by the LO settings and
front ends.  If bandpass changes are seen with different
attenuator settings, something else must be going on (non-
linearity in the digitizer perhaps?).

-Mert