[evlatests] Antenna 23 is tardy

Doug Whiton dwhiton at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 6 12:55:57 EDT 2010

Please be more specific, if you can.  Are you complaining about AZ or EL?
How much of a difference from other antennas on the same arm are we
talking about?   Specs are 20 deg/min for EL and 40 deg/min AZ.  We allow
a + or - 5% window.  That's 1 deg/min in EL and 2 deg/min in AZ.

We looked at both AZ and EL this morning.  El slewed at 22 deg/min down
and 21 deg/min up.  AZ slewed at 38 deg/min both CW and CCW.  We can
easily
set the speed with digital tachs.  They will be installed when the antenna
comes in to finish the overhaul.  Until then, I am inclined to do nothing,
unless you have some more information.

Doug