[evlatests] Conjugated VLA data!!!

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Sun Jan 24 15:46:34 EST 2010

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, Rick Perley wrote:

>    The bands affected are X, K, Ka, and Q.   Both IF pairs are affected
> at X-band.  Only the BD IFs are affected for K, Ka, and Q band.

I have no explanation, but offer the observation that all the
affected IF pairs are lower sideband because Rick was using
a special tuning for K, Ka and Q bands which invoked the
conversion path of the T303 for the BD IF pair.

Rick, you report that beginning at IAT midnight LSB had correct
phase.  Was that exactly at midnight, or at the first scan that
began after midnight?  Either way though, I see no way to explain
why it should change at midnight.