[evlatests] More on Xband

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 19 19:35:52 EST 2010

    The X-band 'WIC' loop test, taken yesterday, appears to be as good
as the C-band, with the only caveat being the mislabelling of the
subbands, noted earlier.

    All antennas connected to WIDAR are working in all polarizations.

    The fraction of integer-zero records is the same (0.4%) as at C-band.

    Delays (both in parallel and in cross hands) are of the
single-digit-nanosecond level.

    The off-axis source images to the correct location.

    Cross-hand amplitudes are nice and low -- about 3% (these are the
old, narrowband polarizers), with rather little frequency structure.

    For both X and C bands, AIPS reports a mean 'closure' level of 0.02%
-- I'm not sure what this actually means, but it sure is low!

    We should try some sterner tests now...