[evlatests] Widar data over the weekend.

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 8 10:07:36 EST 2010

Some comments:

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Vivek Dhawan wrote:

> 1. WIC loops C and X band, Friday evening. 24 antennas in the array, not all
>   fringing, not always the same ones:
>
>   WIC loop C band starting at MJD 55233.041
> 13 R,L dead. 11 OK. 15 ? . 25 R, 26 L, 27 L dead.
>
>   XWIC loop at 55233.062
> 11 R,L dead. 13 OK. 15 R dead. 25 R absent, L dead. 26 R,L dead. 27 L dead.

ea13 has no C band receiver; ea11 amd ea26 have no X band receiver.
ea25-A station board is declaring all data invalid.
ea27-C not fringing at X band; to be investigated.
ea15-A deformatter misbehaving.

> 2. X-band delay setting: 2 files from Sunday afternoon,  Xdelay 55234.873
>   and 55234.896,  each had 3 subbands of 128chan, RR & LL. In both,
>   RCP is fine but LCP has a phase rate; this is a polarization pair,
>   the rate cannot arise at the antenna since they share the same LO,
>   so its likely in the correlator. We saw this in a short file last week,
>   I think Ken had some ideas but I forget what he said then - we hoped
>   it would never appear again -alas.  The new factoid is that the rate
>   changed when sources changed 3C345 to 3C84. It looked like a steady
>   rate for ~20min on 3C84. I have not had a chance to look at the delays
>   that were found from this data.

I had no idea except for the obvious thought that it must be
in the correlator.  Did this not appear in the WICloop data?
If so, then the Xdelay script must be tickling something.  It
is probably worth doing a Cdelay script to see if it is related
to sideband.