[evlatests] state of antennas and correlator

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 3 19:45:46 EST 2010

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Rob Long wrote:

> Antenna 6 doesn't appear to have any 'obvious' electronics problems.  It
> looks like we have correct LO and sync to the antenna.  Is it possible we
> have FRM problem?

The problem with ea06 has been shown to be pointing.  At a
particular azimuth it seems to be pointing too low by a
degree or two.  We will have to sort out whether the encoder
zero has changed or it is something else.  At C band, at
least, the subreflector is in the right position as
demonstrated by the dip in T_sys when the beam is properly
pointed to the sky.