[evlatests] state of antennas and correlator

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 3 16:31:46 EST 2010

Rob has announced that all the 'operational' antennas ought
to work.  Micahelk and I made a survey of antennas at L, C
and X bands using IFs A and C to see where more work is needed.

The short summary is that only ea06 does not work.  We still
don't know whether to blame the antenna or the correlator,
but the antenna seems more likely.

Problems manifest at all bands.
- 5B and 9B have broken sampler or deformatter.
- 16B has a dead'ish T304.  The MIB responds, but reports zeros
   for all monitor points.

ea11 and ea26 do not work at X band.
ea13 does not work at C band.
ea06, ea20 and ea26 do not work at L band.

Fringes
After taking into account the above known problems the following
antennas or IFs do not fringe.
- ea06 does not work at all
- ea14 IF A does not fringe
- ea18 did not fringe at X band only
- ea25 IF A and ea26 IF C produced no correlator output.  Data
   invalid was asserted in the delay module
- ea27 IF C does not work and no data is coming from the deformatter

More careful checks of antenna response await getting data into
and SDM so that it can be looked at with more sophisticated tools.