[evlatests] Antenna 22 polarization at X-band ...

Bob Hayward rhayward at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 23 12:28:13 EST 2010

Except this is an old X-Band receiver with a Septum Polarizer. This is
not a typical failure mode.

If it was a C-Band receiver, say, with a bad connection on one of the
linear polarization output from OMT to the 90 deg hybrid coupler, it
would make sense (i.e., degrades the Trx by a factor of 2 and makes it
linear polarized). So I'm puzzled...

We should probably drop the receiver to see if there is any debris on
the vacuum window (such as metal shards from the feed).

-Bob