[evlatests] RFI Report

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 15 13:28:04 EST 2010

    Preparations for the 'flux densities' run has shown some notable
RFI, listed below.  All have likely been reported earlier -- I offer
this in case something was missed (or is new):

    L-Band:         The usual stuff.
    S-Band:          Satellite interference from 3700 MHz and up.  Seen
only when you point near the equator.  The usual very strong RFI is seen
in the lowest two subbands (with the center at 2.5 GHz).
    C-Band:     My two tunings are centered at 4.82 and 6.95 GHz.
Within these, the only notable RFI is at 6617 MHz -- already well known.
few baselines showed weak RFI at 9373 MHz.  Otherwise, all was clean.
    Ku-Band:    My tunings were centered at 12512 and 15029 MHz.
Satellite RFI, seen only when pointing near the equator, was present for
all frequencies between 12000 and 12692 MHz.  Otherwise, all was clean.
    K-Band:    The RFI reported by Mark Claussen, extending from 18.3
through 18.8 GHz, was seen -- again only on sources near the equator.
My other tuning, centered as 22.805 GHz, was clean.
    Ka-Band:  Tunings were centered at 36.5 and 28.77 GHz.  The only RFI
noted was on all baselines with antenna 22, at 36.285 GHz.
    Q-Band:  All was clean.  Bands were centered at 48.36 and 43.66 GHz.