[evlatests] C and X Wideband Tests

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 2 10:59:57 EDT 2010

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, Rick Perley wrote:

>    Problems common to all three tunings:
>
>    a) All 8 subbands from antenna 11, IF 'B' had a very incorrect
> passband.  There are 'suckouts' appearing between the 2nd and 3rd
> subbands, and between the 6th and 7th.

No hint of this this morning using OSRO.

>    b) All data from antenna 22, IF 'B' were integer zero.  (No data
> delivered).

This is a DTS problem under repair as I write.

>     c) Antenna 27 requires a huge delay correction -- about 55 nsec.

It was about 40 ns this morning; was OK on Friday.  What would
change the delays by this much for all IFs?  Fixed as pad delay.

>    Problem specific to C-band:
>
>    Antenna 16, IFs A and B (RCP) gave no fringes -- only noise.

It looks dead.  RCP at X band is weak as well.

>    Problems specific to X-band:
>
>    a) Antenna 7 gave no fringes (as reported by Ken, I believe).
>    b) Antenna 9, IFs C and D (LCP) gave no fringes -- only noise.

b) is a long standing problem.

In addition, I note that ea17 has a large T_sys at C band,
and ea05 at K band.

ea20 still has a large pointing error after the encoder work
last week.  Some pointing scans should be mined to find the
correction.