[evlatests] Bandpass shapes for antennas 6 and 11, in IF 'B'

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 8 15:27:03 EDT 2010

    In my previous report, and in today's meeting, I noted that:

    a) Baseline 6 x 11, in IF 'B' only, has a essentially perfectly
sinusoidal amplitude variation, of period ~2.5 minutes.
    b) Antennas 6 and 11, individually, in this same IF, showed variable
bandpass solutions, but only on the ~5 channels at the two edges of that
band.  (Floppy edges).

    Lorant wondered if there might be some connection here.  It was good
that he asked ...

    The variable bandpasses which showed up the the BPLOT display are
indeed *not* due to the antennas involved, but are generated by the
bandpass of baseline 6 x 11 alone.  All  other baselines to both
antennas are fine.

    Unfortunately, the sinusoidal cross-correlation amplitude is visible
in all channels, independent of bandpass shape.  And, the 'square wave'
amplitude seen in 6 on that same IF is present on all baselines to that
antenna.