[evlatests] Some Very Interesting Data ...

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 6 19:04:06 EDT 2010

Ant 6B -  The T304 and a clock cable to the DTS module were both
replaced/repaired in the last two weeks - apparently it is still not
fixed. The removed T304 (s/n 56) showed no sign of this behavior on
the bench in over a week of testing - there is a brand new one (s/n
113) in the antenna now.   As this is in all bands,  does not seem to
show up in the T304 TPD's and is obviously a very digital problem (2
stable discrete states), the next step is to replace the DTS module
followed (in order) by the deformatter and Widar station boards.

Ant 6D - Someone probably needs to look at formatter/deformatter
alignment and/or rerun delays.  These issues will be addressed by the
new DTS firmware to be deployed with the 3-bit digitizers.

Ant 11B - After we figure out 6B, we'll do the same thing to 11B.

Ant 3 - We thought this was fixed but apparently not.  This antenna
keeps coming up with odd stability issues.  We may need to look
closely at LO distribution, fiber, the L304/305/300 and maybe even
the P301 power supplies on this antenna.

Ant17 BD - There have been recent occasional complaints about both IF
pairs (at different times) on this antenna.  This may be related to
issues with the L300. We'll look into it.

The Rest:  No immediate ideas.  We'll look into them as we have time.

Cheers,
Jim