[evlatests] EVLA scientific commissioning

Claire Chandler cchandle at nrao.edu
Sun Sep 13 18:31:24 EDT 2009

As promised at the last EVLA transitions meeting, attached is my
presentation on the draft commissioning plan.  Note that this assumes more
resources than we have on staff at present, which we are hoping to obtain
through the Resident Shared Risk Observing program.  If we do not obtain
those resources then some of the commissioning will be delayed.  I have
not yet prioritized each item, which will be needed in order to assess
what can/should be done in the event of reduced resources.

Please review the plan, and using your own use-case science, make sure
that I have covered all aspects of your project.  Note that my plan is
listed in "data flow" order, and the dates given are those during which
the commissioning is likely to take place.  I.e., they will start at the
beginning of the period listed and should be done by the end of the
date/quarter listed.  I will begin to merge these dates with the RSRO
science operations targets beginning in October. Please send me any
comments by October 1, if possible, although continued input to these
targets long term is also welcome.

Claire