[evlatests] L-band frequencies

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 28 10:19:30 EDT 2009

    The L-band data taken yesterday allows a check on frequency
headers.  All looks correct, to an accuracy of ~100 kHz or so (presuming
the actual frequencies of our 'signposts' are what we think they are ...):

    I see two continuous emissions, centered at:

    1246.0, and 1268.5 MHz.  The former is quite strong, the latter is
very narrow and continuous.  Dan:  What are these?

    The usual ABQ radars are seen.  There are four, two of which seem to
be much narrower in frequency that the others:

    1310.0 and 1330.0 MHz.