[evlatests] Deep Imaging!

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 27 19:33:12 EDT 2009

    Some other evidence, favoring George's hypothesis are:

    a) The required closure corrections for this recent 6cm database are
of order 0.3% -- the same level as noted in my previous deep 6cm images,
done in different configurations.

    b) The closure corrections required for 3.6cm observations are much
lower -- typically .03%.

    The C-band polarizers are considerably 'leakier' than those at
X-band -- the ratio being a factor of a few, as required by the
factor-of-ten  difference in the closure corrections.

    We should determine if the closure corrections determined on one
source can be transferred to another -- if both sources have  negligible
polarization (compared to the D-term amplitude), this should be effective.

   I am not copying over the 66 GB L-band observation of 3C147.  This
object has a linear polarization of less than 0.01%, and is completely
unresolved.   If George's hypothesis is right, a baseline calibration
should really be effective in improving the dynamic range.  Stand by ...