[evlatests] Frequency Labeling -- reviewed

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 7 09:39:38 EDT 2009

    I realized this morning that I had an indexing error in my
calculations of the labelled frequencies in yesterday's 125-kHz L-band
test.

    When properly computed, the reported frequencies of any given RFI
spike (independent of which sub-band) are all 62.5 kHz too high --
one-half of one channel.  (This based on presuming the frequencies given
to me by Michael refer to the bottom edge of  channel 1 in sub-band 1).

    This is the same offset (in units of channels) that is found with
500 kHz resolution.