[evlatests] Dynamic range of images from Widar.

George Moellenbrock gmoellen at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 9 16:39:13 EST 2009

Thanks, Steve, I was going to chime in with pretty much the same point.
One additional point (related to points made in longer emails last week):

The gain calibration will soak up some portion of the (1+D*D) effect, and
probably in such a way as to destroy any correlation that might occur if
the degenerate referencing Steve describes didn't already obscure it
(e.g., if arbitrarily setting one of the RCP Ds to zero happened to be not
too far off the truth).  So, the Ds you get from the cross-hand data are
in an arbitrary frame _AND_ the D-induced post-gain calibration BLCAL
solutions have been shifted, thereby likely scrambling any correlation
we might expect here.

-George