[evlatests] timing tic / Freaky Fridays.

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Sun Mar 1 18:00:05 EST 2009

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Vivek Dhawan wrote:

> From the previous message: "The main problem, the occasional time offset
> on the whole array, is still with us. It was last seen on Feb 21; the one
> before on Feb 14."
>
> On Friday eve, Feb 28 UT, baselines and pointing were run in anticipation
> of trouble. Sure enough, both those datasets show a timing error.

For what its worth, I was sampling time in the MIBs once a minute
over this period and it was always within a few milliseconds of
mchost.

> The current theory is that the weekly EOP updates are implicated.

The implication is only circumstantial.  EOP parameters are fetched
from USNO on Friday and the time glitch occurs Friday night.  It is
hard to see why this should have started on February 14 when the last
change to relevant software was much earlier.