[evlatests] More remarkable results

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 23 19:25:51 EDT 2009

    After bandpass calibration, gain calibration, I splitted out 950
channels to look at detailed amplitude and phase behavior.

    Only two baselines (of the 45 in the database) are misbehaving:

    1) Baseline 18 x 19 is today's chosen one for the 4-second phase
oscillation.  The amplitude is a few degrees.  For the first time, I see
also an amplitude oscillation -- same period.  (Probably visible because
this is 3C84, with lots of flux).

    2) Baseline 23 x 25 is *hugely noisy*.  Both the amplitude and
phases have *eight times* the scatter of any other baseline (except 18 x
19 -- see above).

    Other than these, the data are very nice indeed.

    The mini-halo of 3c84 is easily seen in the visibilities.